Under the Right to Information Act (RTI) 2005 section 4(1)(b), following information has been disclosed
- Particulars of the organisation, functions and duties (General Information, Mandate, Organogram)
- Powers and duties of its officers and employees
- Decision making process (including channels of supervision and accountability)
- Norms set for discharge of its functions (part of Decision making process)
- Rules, regulations, instructions, manual and records for discharging functions
- Statement of the categories of documents that are held by the authorities and/ or under their control
- Arrangement for consultation with, or representation by the members of the public (The Research Council members are the experts who represent public, help formulate policies and oversee implementation)
- Statement of Boards, councils, committees and other bodies constituted as its part (Research Council, Management council)
- Directory of officers and employees
- Monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees
- Annual Accounts
- Subsidy programmes (not applicable)
- Recipients of concessions, permits, etc (not applicable)
- Info in electronic form (Please browse concerned sections of this website)
- Particulars of the facilities available to citizens for obtaining information
- Names, Designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers (PIOs) and Assistant Publication Information Officers (APIOs) (Please see the Table below)
- Other useful information (Also, please browse this website)
Suo motu disclosures
Any information not in the disclosures above and pertaining to the University can be requested as per the laid down rules and procedures in the RTI Act (2005) accompanied with the prescribed fee. All fees/payments under RTI Act, 2005 to be made in favour of the Registrar, Goa University. Requests without fee will not be entertained. Applicants desiring information not pertaining to the University but of affiliated college / institution, should make a request directly to the concerned college / institution.
Applications for information under the Right to Information shall be accepted at the office of the Deputy Registrar (DSW) - Co-ordinating Officer. Applications can also be made directly to the concerned PIOs as listed here that falls within their jurisdiction (provided below).
Public Information Officers & Assistant Public Information Officers
|Public Information Officers
|All Vice-Deans of Schools of Goa University
|All Divisional Heads
|All Sectional Heads
|All Directors of University Directorates
|All Hostel Wardens
|Assistant Public Information Officers
|All Superintendents/ Equivalents
|All Assistant Engineers
|Assistant Accounts Officers
|All Jr. Programmers
|Assistant Registrar to Registrar
|Private Secretary to Vice Chancellor
Jurisdiction of the PIOs
- Heads of teaching Departments/Centres: All information available exclusively with the teaching departments, such as student lectures, attendance, time tables, work load, records of ISA/SE examinations, student feedback, faculty publications, research/consultancy projects & purchases made as per delegation of powers, etc.
- Finance Officer, Assistant Registrar (Finance): Information relating to Finance Division.
- University Engineer, Executive Engineer: Information relating to Estates Division.
- University Librarian: Information relating to the Library.
- Controller of Examination, Assistant Registrars (Exams): Information relating to Examination Division.
- Head, Computer Centre: Information relating to Computer Centre and DEITI.
- Joint Registrar (Academic), Assistant Registrars (Colleges, PG Departments): Information relating to Academic Division.
- Joint Registrar (Administration), Assistant Registrars (Teaching, Non-Teaching, Purchase, Legal): Information relating to Administration Division.
Application for Appeal
For appeals under section 19(1) of the Act, an appeal is to be preferred to the Appellate authority as indicated below.
Prof. B.P. Sarath Chandran, Goa Business School - First Appellate Authority