The University has two guest houses located on its green campus overseeing the scenic beauty:
- Main Guest House
- International Guest House
The accommodation is mainly meant for the guests of the University either invited or attending the programmes at the University campus.
Accommodation at a glance:
||Phone Nos. (STD code: 0832)
||No. of Air-Conditioned rooms (& beds)
||No. of non Air-Conditioned rooms (& beds)
|Main Guest House
6519042 (Reception and Canteen)
|International Guest House
The tariff (Amount in Indian Rupees):
|Type of a Room
||Charges for Faculty / Officials invited on University duty
||Charges for delegates / speakers attending Conference, Seminars, Workshops, etc., organized by Depts. / Goa University
||Charges for Indian Students
||Charges for Officials from UGC, DST, MU, Other University, Affiliated Colleges, Govt. Bodies and other visitors
Terms and conditions:
- While providing accommodation, the requirements as prescribed by the Government of Goa in terms of
Identity documents etc., shall be mandatory and the same shall be strictly followed by the official handling
the said assignment.
- Faculty/ Officials on Goa University Duty (A): Faculty/ Official invited by the University such as
examiners, BOS members, Members of various Authority of Goa University, Academic Audit Committee
members, experts on selection Committees, invited guest teachers in teaching departments on Goa
University Official duty shall be given priority for providing accommodation. Spouse, Family members
accompanying the Official/ faculty on University duty will be charged as per Column (A) (Spouse +1 Child).
Subsequent to the cessation of official duty, continuation of stay shall be restricted depending upon other
- All the Official Guests of University shall be treated as University Guests and no payment shall be
collected from such Guests for providing accommodation. The accommodation charges for such guests
shall be debited from the respective departments / sections against their budget heads in the form of book
- Charges for delegates attending Conference, Seminars, Workshops (B): Applicable for persons,
invited speakers, attending the conference, seminar, workshop etc organized or Co-organized by Goa
University with partial or full support from various agencies.
- Charges for Indian Students (C): Applicable for students from any state/ city or from affiliated colleges of
Goa University, coming for research work, educational trips, field trips, sports activities with authorization
letter from concerned Institution or University on minimum of Four sharing basis.
- Students attending the Seminar/ Conference/ Workshop shall not be charged on student rates and will be
charged on rates as per (B).
- Charges for Officials from affiliated Institutions, UGC, DST, AlU, Govt. Bodies and other visitors /
teachers (D): Applicable for the said officials from any place visiting Goa on personal or official work not
connected to Goa University. These charges are applicable even to friends and relatives of the employees
of Goa University and affiliated colleges. Accommodation in this category shall be provided only on
availability after accommodating the University Official Guests.
- AC Rooms in the Guest House for official guests will be allotted only with the prior approval of the
- 10 Non-AC and 3 AC rooms shall be reserved to accommodate the University guests/Examiners at any
moment of time and the required directions shall be issued by the Registrar seven days in advance to
release the same to accommodate the other guests in case the university does not need to retain the said
- In case of "C" and "D" category visitors, the accommodation, if available, shall be processed by the official
In-charge, Guest House without referring the matter to Registrar. In all other cases / category, the
accommodation requests shall be approved by the Registrar.