Department of Zoology
Head of the Department
Year of establishment : 1990
Office Phone : 0832-6519283
Email : email@example.com
This is a DST-FIST Sponsored Department
Tissue culture, Electrophysiology, membrane physiology, Lipid biochemistry, Human Genetics, Wetland biology, Environmental Biology and Biodiversity.
Eligibility for Admission
M. Sc. In Zoology
Must have passed B. Sc. in Zoology, with 7 units of 100marks each, having a minimum of 40% score.
M.Phil. In Marine Zoology
M. Sc. Degree in Zoology with first class or B+ grade from any recognized university.
PGD in CG & MLT
B.Sc. with Zoology / Microbiology / Chemistry / Botany as one of the subject at the three years integrated degree course. However, candidates with Microbiology / Botany / Chemistry should have studied Zoology / Biology as one of the subjects at S.Y. B.Sc. course.
Academic programmes leading to a Degree / Diploma / Certificate :
|PG Diploma in Clinical Genetics and Medical Laboratory Techniques||Syllabus||-|
|M.Sc. Zoology||Syllabus | Revised Syllabus||30|
|Name||Designation||Areas of Interest|
|Pai I, Krishnananda||Professor||.|
|Roy Ramballav||Professor||Research: Environmental Adaptation with respect to fish membrane biochemistry Nutritional biochemistry with respect to lipid metabolism. Role of fish lipid with respect to well being state of organism. Lipidomics of fi|
|Shyama S. K||Professor||Genetic Toxicology, Environmental Mutagenicity, Human Genetics, Ecotoxicology, Nanotoxicology|
Other informationResearch Activities of the Department
A good number of PGs are placed as lecturers/ teachers in Degree colleges, Higher Secondaries and the Schools. A sizeable number find placements as RAs, Research Fellows, Project Assistants or Documentation assistants in National Institutes such as NIO, ICAR Complex, Zonal establishment of Fisheries Survey of India Etc. PGDCGMLTs find placements in Pathology Labs in Govt. and private sectors in the country and abroad.
- » UGC XIIth Plan
- » Grievance Redressal Cell
- » Department wise list of Journals
- » UGC Regulation For Mandatory Accreditation 2013
- » Decisions / Resolutions of Authorities
- » Anti-Ragging
- » Goa University Fungus Culture Collection Revised catalogue-2014
- » Statutes/Schedule/Ordinances
- » UGC recognized Universities
- » IPR Workshop at GU
- » University Logo
- » Availability of University Studio for Audio-Visual recording
- » Public Notice regarding amendment to the UGC Regulations, 2012
- » Special Committee formed
- » Goa University Alumni Survey
- » List of AIU recognised Universities
- » UGC-Public Notice
- » Post Based Reservation Rosters