Goa University is established under the Goa University Act of 1984 and commenced operations on 1st June 1985. The University provides higher education in various disciplines and is headed by the Vice-Chancellor. We are located at Taleigao Plateau, Tel. No. 6519048/6519302; and Fax. No. +091-832-2451184, 2452889. We have no branches here elsewhere in India.
We Are Responsible For
- Providing higher education under various faculties to the State of Goa.
- Providing facilities for research in various fields.
- Providing degrees in various faculties to all the successful candidates
We Strive For
- Providing prompt, efficient and all round service with respect to imparting higher education among the students in order to make them responsible citizen of this country.
What We Do
- Receive applications and provide admissions for various post-graduate Courses in different faculties.
- Receive applications for transcripts to be issued to students.
- Receive applications and confer degrees to all meritorious students.
- Receive and confer Doctor of Philosophy degree in Research to the deserving students.
- Provide information and answer queries relating to various courses and related matters.
How To Apply For Admissions And Admission Procedure.
- The procedure for above is mentioned in detail in the Annual Handbook that is published and made available during the 1st week of June.
- More information on admission can also be directly obtained from Academic Sections/Concerned Departments/Colleges in person.
- All the admission forms are directly received by the concerned office of the various departments on the University campus.
Redressal Of Grievance
- In most of the cases the grievance can be redressed by having personal meetings with the Dy. Registrar or concerned Asstt. Registrars/or the Registrar of Goa University.
- In case of dispute arising, the same needs to be done under the Jurisdiction of Courts in Panjim.
- » UGC XIIth Plan
- » Grievance Redressal Cell
- » Department wise list of Journals
- » UGC Regulation For Mandatory Accreditation 2013
- » Decisions / Resolutions of Authorities
- » Anti-Ragging
- » Goa University Fungus Culture Collection Revised catalogue-2014
- » Statutes/Schedule/Ordinances
- » UGC recognized Universities
- » IPR Workshop at GU
- » University Logo
- » Availability of University Studio for Audio-Visual recording
- » Public Notice regarding amendment to the UGC Regulations, 2012
- » Special Committee formed
- » Goa University Alumni Survey
- » List of AIU recognised Universities
- » UGC-Public Notice
- » Post Based Reservation Rosters