Right To Information
Under the above act, an information pertaining to the University can be requested as per the laid down rules in the Right to Information Act 2005 accompanied by the prescribed fee.
No requests will be entertained without payment of the fee. In case the information requested is not of the University but of any affiliated college / institution, then the information needs to be requested from the concerned college / institution.
Application For Appeal
In terms of Sub-Section (1) and (2) of Section 5 of Right to Information Act 2005, the public authority viz. Goa University empowers to designate the following officer/s as Information Officer and Assistant Public Information Officer to receive applications for information or appeals under the Act for forwarding the same herewith to the State Public Information Officer of Senior Officer specified under Sub Section (i) of Section 19 of the central Information Commission or the state Information Commission, as the case may be.
Prof. S. Krishnan, Department of Botany - First Appellate Authority
List of Public Information Officers of Goa University
|Teaching Departments||Administrative Sections|
|1. Head, Dept. of English||27. Finance Officer|
|2. Head, Dept. of Konkani||28. University Engineer|
|3. Head, Dept. of Marathi||29. University Librarian|
|4. Head, Dept. of Hindi||30. Head of Computer Centre|
|5. Head, Dept. of French & Francophone Studies||31. Controller of Examinations|
|6. Head, Dept. of Portuguese||32. Deputy Registrar ( Academic )|
|7. Head, Dept. of Political Science||33. Deputy Registrar ( Administration )|
|8. Head, Dept. of Sociology||34. Executive Engineer|
|9. Head, Dept. of Philosophy||35. Asst. Director of Physical Education & Sports|
|10. Head, Dept. of Economics||36. Assistant Registrar ( Finance )|
|11. Head, Dept. of History||37. Assistant Registrar - Academic ( Colleges )|
|12. In-Charge, Centre for Women's Studies||38. Assistant Registrar - Academic ( PG Depts. )|
|13. Director, Centre for Latin American Studies||39. Assistant Registrar ( Teaching )|
|14. Head, Dept. of Physics||40. Assistant Registrar ( Non-Teaching )|
|15. Head, Dept. of Chemistry||41. Assistant Registrar ( Purchases )|
|16. Head, Dept. of Earth Science||42. Assistant Registrar ( Academic-General )|
|17. Head, Dept. of Mathematics||43. Assistant Registrar ( PR & ACS )|
|18. Head, Dept. of Electronics||44. Assistant Registrar - Exams ( PG )|
|19. Head, Dept. of Computer Science & Tech.||45. Assistant Registrar - Exams ( Professional )|
|20. Head, Dept. of Botany||46. Assistant Registrar Exams ( UG )|
|21. Head, Dept. of Microbiology||47. Assistant Registrar ( Legal ) |
|22. Head, Dept. of Marine Science||48. Co-ordinator, Ocean and Atmospheric Science Technology Cell|
|23. Head, Dept. of Biotechnology|| |
49. Lecturer-cum-Asssistant Director, Centre for study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
|24. Head, Dept. of Zoology|| |
50. Director, UGC- Human Resource Development Centre
|25. Head, Dept. of Commerce||51. Director of Students Welfare and Cultural affairs|
|26. Head, Dept. of Management Studies||52. Medical Officer|
|Assistant Public Information Officers|
|53. Assistant Engineers|
|54. Assistant Accounts Officer|
|55. All Superintendants|
Applications for information under the Right to Information shall be accepted at the office of the Assistant Registrar (Legal)- Co-ordinating Officer. All fees/payments under RTI Act, 2005 to be made in favour of the Registrar, Goa University, payable in Goa. Applications can be made directly to the concerned PIO’s as indicated in the jurisdiction provided below.
- The jurisdiction of the PIOs is as follows:
- Heads of teaching Departments/Centres: All information available exclusively with the teaching departments, such as student lectures, attendance, time tables, work load, records of ISA/SE examinations, student feedback, faculty publications, research/consultancy projects & purchases made as per delegation of powers, etc.
- Finance Officer, Assistant Registrar (Finance): Information relating to Finance Division.
- University Engineer, Executive Engineer: Information relating to Estates Division.
- University Librarian: Information relating to the Library.
- Controller of Examination, Assistant Registrars (Exams): Information relating to Examination Division.
- Head of Computer Centre: Information relating to Computer Centre and DEITI.
- Dy. Registrar (Academic), Assistant Registrars (Colleges, PG Departments): Information relating to Academic Division.
- Dy. Registrar (Administration), Assistant Registrars (Teaching, Non-Teaching, Purchase, Legal): Information relating to Administration Division.
- 17 point RTI manual Public Information system
- Manual 8 - Annexure
- Financial Estimate 2008-09
- List of disposed court matters of Goa University for the period Dec. 2005 till Date
- Budget Estimates : 2012-13
- Applications received under RTI Act,2005 for the period begining from 16th April, 2012 till 30th April, 2017 and Appeals received for the period begining from 16th April, 2012 to 30th April, 2017
- » UGC XIIth Plan
- » Grievance Redressal Cell
- » Department wise list of Journals
- » UGC Regulation For Mandatory Accreditation 2013
- » Decisions / Resolutions of Authorities
- » Anti-Ragging
- » Goa University Fungus Culture Collection Revised catalogue-2014
- » Statutes/Schedule/Ordinances
- » UGC recognized Universities
- » IPR Workshop at GU
- » University Logo
- » Availability of University Studio for Audio-Visual recording
- » Public Notice regarding amendment to the UGC Regulations, 2012
- » Special Committee formed
- » Goa University Alumni Survey
- » List of AIU recognised Universities
- » UGC-Public Notice
- » Post Based Reservation Rosters