Department of Portuguese
The Department of Portuguese of Goa University, the only one in the country, is oriented towards promoting knowledge related to the Portuguese language, literature and culture through its several courses and activities that cover the professional and cultural spectra. The Department of Portuguese at Goa University is one of the rare departments in the whole of Asia that is autonomous and the only department in the entire Indian Subcontinent offering M.A in Portuguese Literature and Culture.
The department offers post graduate course in Portuguese and also offers opportunities for doctoral research leading to Ph.D. in Portuguese.
- Certificate Course in Portuguese Language - I (basic level)
- Certificate Course in Portuguese Language -II (medium level)
- Diploma Course in Portuguese Language - III (proficiency)
Duration of each Diploma Course : One year
Note: Minimum qualification for Certificate and Diploma courses mentioned above is XIIth Standard Pass.
FacilitiesAdvanced literature in Portuguese
Courses OfferedM.A. in Portuguese(Syllabus), Ph.D in Portuguese
Faculties and Specialisation
- » UGC Xlth Plan
- » Exam related Fee Structure
- » Applications for Affiliation
- » UGC Regulation For Mandatory Accreditation 2013
- » Decisions / Resolutions of Authorities
- » Anti-Ragging
- » Goa University Fungus Culture Collection Revised catalogue-2014
- » Statutes/Schedule/Ordinances
- » UGC recognized Universities
- » Tracking Comet ISON
- » IPR Workshop at GU
- » University Logo
- » Availability of recording for audio-visual recording