Department of Commerce
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
- Master of Financial Services (MFS)
- Doctoral Research leading to Ph.D. in Commerce.
The thrust areas of the department are Accounting and Finance, Financial Services, Enterpreneurship Studies, Tourism and Hotel Management Studies. The department has established good contacts with the Industry and business enterprises in and outside Goa for Corporate internship and placement services for M.Com. & M.F.S. students
The broad objectives of MFS programme include creation and development of conceptual, managerial and operational skills of managers for the financial services industry.
FacilitiesModern Computer Facilities with internet, LCD Projector; MFS Book bank at the department
Courses OfferedM.Com.(Syllabus), Masters in Business Adminstration ( Financial Services )(Syllabus), Ph.D
Faculties and Specialisation
- Doctoral Research guidance undertaken in the Department by all staff members include the areas of Mutual Funds, Venture Capital, Investor production, Stock Market Trading, Primary and Secondary Capital Market.
- 40 Project works of M.Com. Students and 25 MFS Project works were guided by the Department as part of the Corporate Internship of M.Com. & M.F.S. IV semester. All the project works were based on the work experiences of the students in industries in Goa and outside Goa.
All the 24 MFS students of 2005 batch (Master of Financial Services - Self Financing Course) were placed in renowned Financial Services