Applying for Convocation
The candidate who have passed the Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s degree both professional and non-professional, M.Phil & Ph.D. programmes of Goa University and are eligible to receive the degrees are required to apply in the prescribed form during the period specified in the Notification. A Notification to this effect will be issued at least 4 months before the Convocation which is normally held in early December every year. The Convocation forms are to be obtained by the candidate and to be submitted to the Examination Section with necessary details along with the prescribed fees based on the Convocation form. The Degrees of all eligible candidates will be prepared by the University and will be issued to them after the convocation on the following day in the University through Counters open for the purpose in the Examination Building.
Instructions For Filling Up Convocation Form
- Candidate seeking admission to more than one Degree/ Diploma must make a separate application for each Degree/Diploma and pay a separate fee in respect of each application.
- Application forms can be obtained from the State Bank of India University Branch or can be downloaded from the Goa University website: unigoa.ac.in
- After obtaining the Convocation Form, the Candidate may make cash payment of prescribed fees through bank challan at University branch of the State Bank of India. In case of payment made by Indian Postal Order/ Bank Demand Draft, the same should be drawn in favour of The Registrar, Goa University, payable at Panaji.
- The fees charged for various Degrees/Diplomas at the convocation are as follows.
- Non Professional Degrees : B.A., B.Com., B.Sc., M.Com., M.Com.(DEM), M.Com.(DE), M.A., M.Phil., M.Sc. and Ph.D. ... Rs. 500/-
- Professional Degrees : All other Degrees/Diplomas ... Rs.750/-
- Postal Charges in respect of applicant staying Outside the Country and desirous of obtaining the Degree by Post ... Rs.300/-
- The Degree/Diploma Certificate will be issued as per the name indicated in the marksheet of the Examination passed by the Candidate. Therefore, the candidate is advised to enter his/her name as stated in his/her marksheet.
- In respect of M.B.B.S., B.D.S., B.A.M.S., & B.H.M.S. Degrees only those candidates who have completed their internship training are eligible to apply for the Convocation Degree. Such students should furnish the proof of completion of their respective internship training.
- Candidate whose result is awaited consequent to their applying for revaluation is advised not to apply for the Convocation as the Degree will be awarded based on the earlier result.
- After making the payment of fees the candidates are required to visit the University along with the filled in form. The duly filled in application form should be submitted to the University Examination Section alongwith the enclosures as indicated at Sr.No.9 before the last day notified for the receipt of the application form. The Candidate should make sure to collect the acknowledgement slip in return.
- The following documents should be enclosed along with the Convocation form.
- Copy of Marksheet of the qualifying examination.
- 2 Passport size photographs (3.5cms x 3.5cms) only to be enclosed (One Photo to be pasted on the form and other Photo to be enclosed in an envelope and attached to the form). No Polaroid photograph will be accepted.
- Bank Challan copy/Demand Draft/Indian Postal Order.
- In case of Ph.D & M.Phil. Candidates, a copy of their declaration of result should be attached.
- Applications with incorrect or incomplete entries are liable to be rejected.
- No Degrees will be distributed at the Convocation venue on the day of the Convocation.
- The candidate desirous to collect his/her Degree/Diploma Certificate should collect the same from the University Examination Section within 10 days from the date of Convocation by producing the acknowledgement slip, failing which, the same will be sent by Registered A/D. The University accepts no responsibility for any loss/ non- delivery of the Certificate.
Preparation of the Degrees will be carried out only after ascertaining the candidates eligibility for the award of the same. Mere acceptance of the convocation application form does not confer any right to the applicant’s eligibility for award of the Degree/Diploma for which application is submitted.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 6519035,6519038,6519009