Office of Registrar
Goa University, Goa
- Ph. D. : Chemistry, University of Bombay
- M.Sc. : Organic Chemistry, University of Bombay, First Division
- B.Sc. : Chemistry Major, University of Bombay, First Class Honours
Details of Professional / Administrative Experience / Positions held / Contribution to Academic Administration
- Professor of Organic Chemistry, Goa University.
- Hon. Director, Directorate of Extra-mural Studies and Extension Services, Goa University.
- Co-ordinator, NET (UGC) / SET (Pune University) at Goa University Centre.
- Controller of Examinations, Deputation on Foreign Service Basis, Goa University.
- Visiting Associate Professor (Research), Niigata University, Niigata, Japan.
- Warden, Men’s Hostel, Goa University.
- Elected Member, Goa University Court.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
- Research Assistant, Malti-chem Research Center, Baroda, Gujarat, India.
- Founder Secretary & former Chairman, Goa University Teachers’ Association (GUTA).
- Founder President, Chemistry Department Faculty & Alumni Association (CDFAA), a registered Body under Societies Registration Act.
Research Work / Projects Undertaken / Completed
- Synthetic and Transformation Studies of Terpenoids and Aryl Ketones: CSIR Fellow during Doctoral work.
- Development of the Processes for the manufacture of valuable perfumery intermediates of commercial interest: Malti-chem Research Center, Baroda, Gujarat.
- Synthetic Studies on Bioactive Natural Products: Supported by Monbusho (Ministry of Education), Government of Japan at Tohoku University, Sendai.
- Transformation Studies on Natural Products: Funded by University Grants Commission, New – Delhi.
- Medicinal Plants of Goa – Chemical Examination in Search of bioactive Compounds: supported by State Council for Science and Technology, Govt. of Goa.
- Olefin Metathesis Guided Synthesis of Natural Products – supported by Faculty of Engineering, Department of Chemistry, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan.
Scholarship/ International fellowships received
- National Merit Scholarship.
- Junior and Senior Research Fellowship of CSIR, Govt. of India.
- Monbusho Research Fellowship, Ministry of Education, Government of Japan.
- International Exchange in Education & Research Promotion Fellowship, Government of Japan by invitation.
Seminars / Conferences / Workshops / Training Programme Attended
- Has attended several conferences, seminars, workshops etc organized at National and International levels and presented several research papers.
- Has undergone the Training Course for University Administrators conducted by Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
- Has undergone the Training Course in Frontier Areas of Organic Synthesis sponsored by UNIDO, Vienna and ICS, Italy held at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Has contributed several research papers in the area of organic synthesis and natural product chemistry in high impact factor International Journals published by American Chemical Society, Royal Society of Chemistry - England, Chemical Society of Japan, Elsevier Science, Pergamon Press, Georg Thieme Verlag etc.