Phone No (Res) :
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Qualifications||PhD (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)|
|Department||Department of Economics|
|Current Designation||Associate Professor|
|Area of Interest||Environment, Macroeconomics, Growth|
- Principal Researcher and Contributor to Goa Development Report, PLANNING COMMISSION, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, New Delhi. 2011, ISBN - 978-81-7188-788-0 (Downloadable from http://planningcommission.nic.in/plans/stateplan/sdr/sdr_goa1909.pdf)
- The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity - India: Initial Assessment and Scoping Report. Working Document, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, New Delhi, 2012, 157pp. (with Parikh KS, Ravindranath NH, Murthy IK, Mehra S, Kumar R, James EJ, Vivekanandan E)
- "Why Europe Must Help Itself: Coordinated reflation can avoid prolonged recession", Working Paper (WP1), The AUGUR project: Challenges for Europe in the World 2030, by Pranab Mukhopadhyay, August 2012, Downloadable from: http://www.augurproject.eu/IMG/pdf/WhyEuropeMustHelpItself_Pranab_AUGUST2012.pdf
- "Economic Growth and Women's Empowerment: Evaluating two lead sectors in Goa-- Tourism and Mining", Social Change and Development, Vol IX July, 2012, pg 64-85. (co-author with Shaila Desouza)
- "Common Property Resources and Collective Action: A short review",Dissemination Paper 20, Madras School of Economics, Chennai. Centre of Excellence in Environmental Economics sponsored by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India.(http://coe.mse.ac.in/dp/Dissemination%20Paper%2020.pdf), May, 2012
- "Missing the Woods for the Ore: Goa’s Development Myopia" Economic and Political Weekly, XLVI(46): 61-67. November 12, 2011,(co-author Gopal K Kadekodi)
- “Does Capital have a conscience,” Economic and Political Weekly, XLVI( 37): 32-33. September 10, 2011. http://epw.in/epw/uploads/articles/16527.pdf
- “Sustainability, autonomy, and benefits from forest commons,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 107,no. 14, E52 April 6, 2010, http://www.pnas.org/content/107/14/E52.full.pdf.(co-author with Ingela Ternstrom, and Rucha Ghate)
- “Now that your land is my land …. Does it matter,” Environment and Development Economics, Vol. 10 (1), 87-96.
- “Re-evaluating Multi-Purpose River Valley Projects: A Case study of
Hirakud, Ukai and IGNP,” Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XXXIII No. 6,1998, pp. 297-302 [co-author with Rohan D’Souza and Ashish Kothari].
- “Development, Malaria and Public Health Policy,” Economic and Political
Weekly, Vol. XXXII No. 49, pp. 3159-3163, 1997 [co-author with Shaila Desouza].
- "Economic Growth and Ecological Sustainability in India" in Chetan Ghate (ed)The Oxford Handbook of the Indian Economy, Oxford University Press, USA, 2012, (co-author Priya Shyamsundar), http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subject/Economics/Developmental?view=usa&sf=toc&ci=780199734580
- “Heterogeneity, Commons and Privatisation,” in R.Ghate, N.S. Jodha and P.Mukhopadhyay (eds) Promise Trust and Evolution: Managing the Commons of South Asia, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008. pp: 213-237.
- “Re-visiting Demsetz: Contextualising Community- Private Ownership in
Western India,” in Pranab Bardhan & Isha Ray (eds) The Contested Commons:Conversations between economists and anthropologists, Blackwell.2008.pp:144-157
- “Heads I Win, Tails you lose ? Contextualising Hydro-politics in South
Asia,” in V.A. Pai Panandikar & R. Tripathi (eds) Towards Freedom In South Asia:Democratization, Peace And Regional Cooperation, Konark Publishers, New Delhi, 2007.
- "Goa: Been there, done that, now what?" in R.Parathasarathy and Sudarshan Iyengar(eds.) New Development Paradigms and Challenges for Western and Central India, New Delhi: Concept Publishers. 2006. Pp:110-119
- Water Resources: Dependence and Institutions in India's Villages, TERI
Press, New Delhi.
Mishra A., N. Nayak, R. Ghate and P. Mukhopadhyay, (2008) Common Property
- R.Ghate, N.S. Jodha and P. Mukhopadhyay (editors) (2008) Promise Trust and Evolution: Managing the Commons of South Asia, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Research Projects Completed / OngoingTitle of the project: "Managing for Wildlife and Food Security: The case of crop depredation and wildlife corridors in Goa, India". Collaborative project between Duncan Knowler (Principal Investigator, Simon Fraser University, Canada) and Pranab Mukhopadhyay (co-PI, Goa University), Sponsoring Agency: Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute, Canada. Period: 2011-12.
"Environment, Interest Groups, Property Rights and Local Self Government" Principal Investigator. Sponsored by: South Asian Network of Development and Environment Economics, SANDEE, Nepal, 2000-2003. Status: Completed.
"Economic Status of Women in Coastal Goa," Principal Investigator. Sponsored by: Goa State Women’s Commission, Goa, 2002-2004. Status:
Karl Goran Maler Fellowship, Beijer Institute, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, 2009.
Junior Research Fellowship, University Grants Commission, New Delhi,1991.