Ramesh V. Pai
Phone No (Res) : (0832) 2743485
Email Address : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Department||Department of Physics|
|Current Designation||Associate Professor|
|Area of Interest||
Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Phase Transitions, Cold Atoms
- S. Ramanan, T. Mishra, Meetu Sethi Luthra, R. V. Pai and B. P. Das, Signatures of the superfluid to Mott insulator transition in cold bosonic atoms in a one dimensional optical lattice, arXiv. 11.1280v1.
- Meetu Sethi Luthra, T. Mishra, R. V. Pai and B. P. Das, Phase diagram of a bosonic ladder with two coupled chains, Phys. Rev. B 78, (2008) 165104.
- T. Mishra, B.K. Sahoo, and R. V. Pai, Phase-separated charge-density-wave phase in the two-species extended Bose-Hubbard model, Phys. Rev. A. 78, (2008) 013632.
- R. V. Pai, K. Sheshadri and R. Pandit, Phases and Transitions in the Spin-1 Bose-Hubbard Model: Systematics of a Mean-field Theory, Phys. Rev. B. 77 (2008) 014503.
- T. Mishra, R. V. Pai and B. P. Das, Density-Matrix Renormalization Group studies of mixture of two different ultracold bosonic atoms a Journal Physics: Conference Series 80 (2007) 012039.
- T. Mishra, R. V. Pai and B. P. Das Phase separation in a two species Bose mixture Phys. Rev. A 76 (2007) 013604.
- R. V. Pai, K. Sheshadri and R. Pandit Mean-field theory for interacting spin-1 bosons on a lattice, Current Topics in Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, eds. C. Sinha and S. Bhattacharyya (World Scientific, Singapore, 2007) pp. 105 - 119.
- R. V. Pai and R. Pandit Superfluid, Mott Insulator, and Mass Density Wave Phases in the One-Dimensional Extended Bose-Hubbard Model. Phys. Rev. B 71 (2005) 104508.
- R. V. Pai and R. Pandit One Dimensional Extended Bose-Hubbard Model Special issue of the Proceeding of the Indian Academy of Sciences (Chemical Sciences) in honour of the Professor CNR Rao on his 70th birthday, 115 (2003) 721-726.
- R. Pandit, K. Sheshadri, R. V. Pai, and H. R. Krishnamurthy Interacting Bosons in Disordered Environments “ Condensed Matter Theories, Vol 12 (Novo Science Publishers, Inc., 1997) pp 185-197.
- R. V. Pai, R. Pandit, H. R. Krishnamurthy and S. Ramashesha. One-Dimensional Boson Hubbard Model: A Density-Matrix Renormalisation Group Study, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76 (1996) 2937.
- R. V. Pai and S. G. Mishra Disorder Effects in Transport Properties of Weak Itinerant Electron Ferromagnets, Phys. Rev. B 48 (1993) 10292.
- S. G. Mishra and R. V. Pai Disorder Effects in Weak Itinerant Electron Ferromagnets, Mod. Phys. Lett. (Brief Review) B 6 (1992) 785.
- S. G. Mishra and R. V. Pai Low Temperature Susceptibility of Ni3 Ga and Ni3Al, Solid State Comm. 81 (1992) 575.
Research Projects Completed / Ongoing1 DMRG study of disordered Bose-Hubbard model in Bethe lattice. Minor project from UGC unassigned grant 1998-2001 Rs 45,000.00
2 Boson Localization: A Density Matrix Renormalization Group Method Major project from DST, New Delhi 2001-2005 Rs 9,18,280.00
3 Competing types of order in bose-bose mixtures Major project from DST, New Delhi 2008-2010 Rs. 17,63,280.00
4 Quantum Phase Transitions in Ultracold Atomic Gases in Optical Lattices CSIR, New Delhi 2008-2010 Rs. 7,51,333.00